Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feel Great by Carving Your Body


I am always looking for fun ways to stay in shape. I have been a member of many gyms, but find it hard to stay focused and tend to not push myself, resulting in a workout full of gossiping, and watching t.v. So, I decided to try Zumba at Carve Your Body.

For those of you who don't know, Zumba, is Latin-inspired dance-fitness that uses energetic music and rhythms. I had heard other women raving about this studio in Emerson for a while, but was apprehensive to try a class after I had my daughter, because it had been so long since I had seen any type of exercise. Well, after many,"maybe tomorrows,"I finally got there.

The first class I took was a 30-30 class, a half hour of weight training, and a half hour of Zumba. Let me tell you, it kicked my butt! I seriously could not feel my legs by the end of the class. That being said, I also had one of the best workouts of my life. I was instantly hooked. The instructor and owner, Bessie, is amazing, positive and keeps the energy up the whole time. You will sweat, laugh, and work really hard, and walk out of the studio feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.

Their are so many classes to choose from. My next venture is going to be Belly Dancing...I will let you know how that one goes. A single class is $10, or you can buy a ten class card for $60, making each class $6. The more classes you buy, the less you spend.

To find out the class schedule, and more information click here Carve Your Body


No comments:

Post a Comment