Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!


It's time to break free! Come on, I know it's still cold and windy and sometimes snowy out, but lets face it you need to get out of the house. Peel your child away from Sponge Bob (I'm totally guilty) and lets get moving. Because it is still a little to chilly to go to the parks, here is a great and creative way to spend a weekday or weekend with your children.

Color Me Mine (check out the website for exact location and
times) located in the heart of Ridgewood, NJ is a place where you can paint your our own pottery. There are many things to choose from, like piggy banks, picture frames and fairies. After you paint your creation, you leave it with the super helpful, friendly staff who then fires it and wraps it for you. I have done this with my little artists and they loved it. I promise you will too, as the atmosphere is serene and calming. You will find yourself wanting to come back alone and maybe with a bottle of wine.


To complete this day of fun with your kids, drive over, or walk to Maggie Moo's ice cream. Yummmmy! It is definitely my favorite. Pick from flavors such as brownie batter, banana pudding and cotton candy, then mix in your favorite toppings like, Twix or Oreos. Not only can you and your kids make their own ice cream concoction, but they have ice cream pizza and ice cream cupcakes! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!





Your kids will love this day out. I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment